Who We Are
The Crisis Nursery & Respite Center (CNRC) is a 12-bed shelter and a free resource to the community. The CNRC is the only facility of its kind in Wisconsin, providing a safe haven to children age birth to 12 as families face homelessness, domestic violence, medical needs, or other emergencies. Children can stay a few hours or up to three days. In addition to care in times of crisis, parents are also able to request respite care for their children during times of high stress.
“With them being here yesterday and I knew they were safe and having fun, I was able to organize some of my thoughts and today I feel much better. My kids love the staff.” – CNRC Parent
CNRC accepts donations of new unopened supplies including:
- Diapers (size 4/5/6 preferred)
- Pull Ups
- Gerber Good Start Soother, Gentle or Soy Formula
- Hair Brushes/ Combs
- Baby Soap
- Toothbrushes (both for kids under 2 and for older youth)
- Cleaning supplies: Paper Towels, Dish Soap, Laundry Detergent.
- Socks size 2T- 14/16
- Packs of underwear size 5 through 12/16
To schedule a donation drop off call: 414-902-1620
Want to host a supply drive for CNRC? Email AE@Lacausa.org
Want to support our cause?
Monetary donations are critical in the continuation of this vital and important community resource. Please consider supporting our efforts in keeping children out of harm’s way.
Join the La Causa family, community members and business leaders for an evening of auctions, fun, food, and drinks to raise money to support the Crisis Nursery and Respite Center.
For over 30 years, the Crisis Nursery & Respite Center has kept children safe from abuse and neglect.
- Open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, at no charge.
- Children stay a few hours or up to three days.
- Available to children aged birth through 12 years.
- Provide home-cooked meals, warm baths, clean beds, transportation to and from school and other necessities for children.
- Dedicated staff cares for children and helps identify resources to strengthen and empower families.
- Respite care is provided to families to help alleviate stress related to difficulties in the home including pressures related to caring for special needs children or dealing with other family issues.
Call our Crisis Nursery & Respite Center | Open 24 hours, 365 days